Feature Staff Profile
We have a great team here at Bridging Translation and I am excited to build upon this team as we continue to provide translating and interpreting services. We are committed to provide high quality translating and interpreting services to our clients and to be the bridge of communication and cultural understanding between Australia and China.
- RMIT Master of Translating and Interpreting
- Vice President of CITAA
- Senior Translator and Conference Interpreter
Catherine is one of the few NAATI level 5 simultaneous conference interpreters in Australia. She has been doing interpreting since 1984. In the past 33 years, as the best of the best, she has done thousands of simultaneous interpreting for international organizations, governments and enterprises, and consecutive interpreting for communities, which cover the areas of international relationship, education, finance, legal, medical and so on.
- NAATI Level 5 simultaneous conference Interpreter
- Senior Translator and Interpreter, Department of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Labour, China
- AIIC Member
- Sessional Teacher, Master Program, Translation and Interpreting Studies, School of Languages, Monash University of Australia
Peter has been living in Australia for almost 40 years with 11 years of translating and interpreting experience. He has a broad interest and knowledge oncurrent domestic issues as well as the economy, legal system and new technological trends, and has extensive experience in court, tribunal, mediation, medical, migration and educational interpreting and translating.
- Advanced Diploma in Translating and Interpreting, RMIT University
- Extensive experience in translations with more than 6000 documents translated
- NAATI Level 3 Mandarin and English interpreter, recognized Hakka and English interpreter, Chinese to English Translator
- Specialized in government, legal, medical, migration, business and education interpreting and translating
Conference (Simultaneous) Interpreter and NAATI accredited Professional Interpreter with over 9 years of industry experience in Australia and 3 years of professional interpreting experience in the UK. Cathy is truly bilingual as well as being bi-cultural, she is able to transfer the cultural nuances that is often lost in translations. Her expertise covers a wide range of topics such as education and training, law and police, government, business, agriculture, insurance, and health care.
- Master of Interpreting & Translation Studies (Conference Interpreting), Monash
- Master of Social Science (Translating & Interpreting Studies) with Distinction, RMIT
- Diploma of Public Services Interpreting, Institute of Linguists (UK)
- NAATI level 3 Mandarin and English interpreter
As a NAATI level 4 Conference interpreter and a Level 3 Professional translator, Nellie has acquired in-depth of both Australian and Chinese societies and sound knowledge in broad range of subjects. In the five years’ working experience, Nellie prides herself on the high- level problem-solving and effective communicating skills that she has used to guarantee quality and efficiency during her interpreting and translating work.
- NAATI level 4 simultaneous Conference Interpreter
- Master of Translating and Interpreting Studies
- AUSTI Member
Get a free quote today!
Contact Bridging Translation today and find out how our high quality interpreters and translators can be involved in your next project.